You’ve got a business up and running. Maybe it’s making a couple thousand dollars each month. That definitely pays some bills, but you’re looking to create a six-figure business.
So how do you take your business to the next level? By following these tips…
Create a Plan
You’ve probably heard the saying, “Those who fail to plan, plan to fail.”
Very few people who wing it actually find the success they’re seeking. If you want a shot at building a thriving, six figure or more business, then you need to create a plan.
This includes planning:
- Exactly what you’re going to sell all through your sales funnel.
- Who you’re going to sell these products to.
- How you’ll reach these people.
- How you’ll market your goods.
- How you’ll deal with your own strengths and weaknesses.
- How you’ll deal with the strengths and weaknesses of your competitors.
- How you’ll fund your business.
You can’t do it all on your own.
Some things simply take too long. In other cases, you may not have the skills to create a good end result. Outsourcing is fast, and it gives you good quality work by a professional. So the sooner you start outsourcing at least some tasks, the faster your business will grow.
A lot of marketers complete neglect conversion optimization (AKA testing and tracking). They figure it’s not worth their time. They figure that as long as they’re making money, then everything is all good.
But you know what?
Optimizing conversions is a great way to make more money, without raising prices, creating more products, or spending more time or money getting traffic.
Conversion optimization can improve your return on investments, reveal to you the best way to connect with your audience, help you build your list fast, and slide more money in your pocket.
Worth it? You bet it is.
Reinvest Your Profits
Another way to take your business to the next level is to start reinvesting at least a portion of your business profits.
A lot of online marketers make the mistake of immediately pulling all of their cash out of the business. I get it.
Sometimes you need the money, and sometimes it’s just exciting to have your business fund your lifestyle. But if you’re serious about growing your business and taking it to the next level, then start reinvesting your profits.
You can reinvest in things such as:
- You can have the best product in the world, but that means nothing if you don’t have good sales copy that gets people moving towards your order button. Your sales copy can make or break your business, which is why hiring a professional copywriter is a good investment.
- Product creation. A good sales funnel requires a lot of products, from lead magnets to core offers to upsells and more. You could spend all day, every day creating these products – but that wouldn’t leave you much time to market them! So hire someone else to create them, which frees you up to focus on high-value marketing tasks.
- Reinvesting your profits back into good advertising venues is a great way to grow your business. Just be sure to test and track so that you know which venues and which campaigns are pulling the highest conversions and profits for you.
Those are the three big things that will give your business a nice boost. Start reinvesting your profits wisely in those three places, and I bet you see your bottom line explode.
Become More Productive
Ever had one of those days where you get to the end of the day and realized you accomplished very little?
It happens to the best of us. But it happens less rarely to successful people. And that’s because successful people seek out ways to get more done in less time.
Obviously, outsourcing and delegating is one way to free up your schedule. But there are plenty of other things that can derail your productivity. It’s up to you to figure out what derails you, and then make a plan to get back on track.
For example, maybe you have a hard time resisting social media. In that case, you might consider getting a productivity app that won’t let you access Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and other distractions for a set period of time.
You’ll be forced to focus, because you can’t get distracted by seeing what your friends are up to!
A lot of people look for some mystical secret when it comes to taking their business to the next level.
It turns out that creating a six figure business isn’t so much about a mystical secret so much as it is methodically putting a set of good, proven, time-tested strategies into place.