We have to deviate from the normal WordPress Installation checklist by configuring the plugins first before diving into the Settings configuration. I know those warning message boxes are annoying to look at.
1. Click on “enter your Akismet API key” link. You will be redirected to this page:
2. Check the box next to “Auto-delete spam…” and enter the Akismet API Key which was sent to your email when you first registered at A-Z Hubs.
3. Click on “Update Options” button and you’re done with Akismet configuration.
This plugin is very helpful in optimizing your blog for search engines. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a very important in helping your blog easy to be found by web surfers who use search machines such as Google and Yahoo.
1. Click on “the admin page” link.
2. On the “All in One SEO Plugin Options” page, scroll down until you see this area.
3. Now, fill up important areas such as “Home Title”, “Home Description”, and “Home Keywords” as illustrated above. Your home title and home description is used by search engines when displaying your sites info on their search listings.
You can use your home description as sales window to entice prospective customers to click on your url and visit your blog. Be very brief with your description though.
Home keywords may not be that important but for SEO purposes it’s a good practice to include at least five keywords in there.
4. Don’t forget to enable the plugin by checking the “Enabled” beside Plugin Status. For the “Post Title Format” and the “Page Title Format”, delete the | %blog_title% leaving only the %post_title% shortcode. (See red arrows on the image above)
5. Scroll down and click the “Update Options” button to save your All in One SEO Plugin configuration. That’s it.