If you are new to WordPress or don’t have much time to install a new WP site using the traditional way, you may want to use Softaculous for easy and quick installation.
The only requirement here is that you must be able to access your webhost using cPanel.
Here’s a step-by-step guide for WordPress beginners and newbie webmasters.
1. Login to your webhost’s cPanel.
If this is your first time to login to your cPanel, click here for a quick guide.
2. Scroll down until you see the Softaculous Apps Installer panel.
3. Click the WordPress icon (see screenshot above).
4. Click the “Install” tab.
5. Choose the domain where you want to install WordPress.
NOTE: If this is an additional domain (aside from the main domain), make sure you’ve actually added it to your cPanel. See this guide for adding domains.
6. Since you are installing on a brand new domain, keep the directory empty (delete wp).
7. Enter your site title as well as site description.
Just leave the site description field empty if you have no site description.
8. Enter admin username and password as well as email.
This is important. You need it to be able to login to the WordPress administration dashboard.
9. Select language if needed.
10. Skip “Select Plugin(s)” field. Skip the Advanced Options as well.
If you know what you’re doing, then go ahead and input your own database name.
11. Select a theme if you want.
Just skip this step if you are planning to use your own theme or a premium theme. The default WP theme will be installed.
12. That’s it. Congratulations you’ve got a new WP site!
You can now login to your WordPress dashboard and update it to it’s latest version.